Linaro releases monthly binary images for the ARMv8 fast models.
For support matters related to ARMv8 fast models downloaded from ARM sites, please contact ARM support
This release includes Linaro OpenEmbedded images for Foundation and Virtual Express fast models. Sources are also made available so you can build your own images.
Where To Find More Information
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
- Linaro Development mailing list
- Linaro IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at
- Bug reports should be filed in Launchpad to Linaro OpenEmbedded project.
- Questions? ask Linaro.
- Interested in commercial support? inquire at Linaro support
Changes in this release
- Switched to repo for clone(s)
- GCC updated to gcc-linaro 4.8 2013.06 release and also the default
- Kernel updated to linux-linaro 2013.06 release
- icedtea bumped to version 03b21-2.1.8
- xvfb added to Lamp image
Linaro OpenEmbedded images are made up of two components. The Linux kernel file with boot wrapper shim and a Root file system (RootFS) image of your choice.
Using pre-built image
- Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit or newer on your desktop PC (www.ubuntu.com)
- Foundation or Virtual Express fast model (Linaro ARMv8 Engineering)
- This release pre-built image, which you can downloaded from the above list.
- Unzip the downloaded pre-built image
Booting the image
./Foundation_v8 --image img-foundation.axf \ --block-device vexpress64-openembedded_IMAGENAME-armv8_IMAGEDATE-XYZ.img \ --network nat
mkdir openembedded cd openembedded git clone git://git.linaro.org/openembedded/jenkins-setup.git cd jenkins-setup git checkout release-13.06 cd .. sudo bash jenkins-setup/pre-build-root-install-dependencies.sh bash jenkins-setup/init-and-build.sh
This will clone all required repositories and does initial setup.
Do a build
cd openembedded-core . oe-init-build-env ../build bitbake bash
Of course you can use other targets instead of “bash”. Use “linaro-image-minimal” to build simple rootfs.
Usable build targets
- linaro-image-minimal – very minimal rootfs
- linaro-image-lamp – LAMP stack and toolchain