The Linaro Toolchain and Platform Working Groups are pleased to announce the 2013.08 release of the Linaro Toolchain Binaries, a pre-built version of Linaro GCC and Linaro GDB that runs on generic Linux or Windows and targets the glibc Linaro Evaluation Build.
- Cross compiling ARM applications from your laptop
- Remote debugging
- Build the Linux kernel for your board
- Linaro GCC 4.8 2013.08
- Linaro Newlib 2.0 2013.06
- Linaro Binutils 2.23 2013.06
- Linaro Eglibc 2.17-2013.07-2
- Linaro GDB 7.6 2013.05
- A statically linked gdbserver
- A system root
- Manuals under share/doc/
The system root contains the basic header files and libraries to link your programs against.
Interesting changes include:
- The sysroot is based on Linaro versions of Eglibc. About details of Linaro Eglibc, please refer https://releases.linaro.org/13.07/components/toolchain/eglibc-linaro.
The Linux version is supported on Ubuntu 10.04.3 and 12.04, Debian 6.0.2, Fedora 16, openSUSE 12.1, Red Hat Enterprise Linux Workstation 5.7 and later, and should run on any Linux Standard Base 3.0 compatible distribution. Please see the README about running on x86_64 hosts.
The Windows version is supported on Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Vista Business SP2, and Windows 7 Pro SP1.
- Some version information in README are incorrect.
- gdb can not backtrace into libc.
- To use all of the features of Linaro eglibc, the sysroot in 32-bit toolchain release is updated to Linaro eglibc, which is 2.17. If you get runtime errors about libc version, please get the sysroot from the release tarball (gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.08_linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc/) or download from launchpad
If you do not want to use Linaro sysroot, you’d add option to gcc to find your sysroot:
- To run 32-bit application built from arm-linux-gnueabihf toolchain in aarch64 system, you’d copy sysroot and runtime from release package to your root of aarch64 system. i,e.
scp -r gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.07-1_linux/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libc/* AARCH64-SYSTEM:/ scp -r gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.07-1_runtime/* AARCH64-SYSTEM:/
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
- Linaro Toolchain Development mailing list
- Linaro Toolchain IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at