The Linaro Networking Group (LNG) is pleased to announce the
2014.06 release of the Linaro Networking Kernel.
Interesting changes include:
- Based on Linux 3.14.3 kernel
- PREEMPT_RT patchset rt5
- Arndale support
The release is also available via tags in the LNG git repository:
git://git.linaro.org/kernel/linux-linaro-lng.git linux-lng-3.14.3-2014.06 git://git.linaro.org/kernel/linux-linaro-lng.git linux-lng-preempt-rt-3.14.3-2014.06
More information on Linaro Networking Group Kernels is available at
Fixed in this release
- LP: #1321949 Big Endian Support not yet working in 3.14 kernel
NO_HZ_FULL now works properly in the linux-lng-v3.14.x branch.
NO_HZ_FULL support remains non-functional with RT and is NOT INCLUDED in the linux-lng-preempt-rt-v3.14.x branch. (See bug #1321948 below:)
This marks a departure from prior releases in that the RT branch no longer contains every patch found in the non-RT branch.
We intend to remedy this as soon as clean support for NO_HZ_FULL operation can be integrated into the RT branch.
- LP: #1321948 NO_HZ_FULL not yet working on 3.14 kernel
- LP: #1321950 ARMV8 support not yet working in 3.14 kernel
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
- Linaro Networking Development mailing list
- Linaro Networking IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at