Linaro releases monthly binary images of UEFI, based on the Tianocore project.
The Linaro UEFI tree is based on the following upstream versions of code from Tianocore:
- edk2 at subversion revision 16194, git commit 475387e9de0bed70b57165d0a389f3aee97d4058
The latest version of the EDK2 code contains the upstream code augmented with the following topic branches:
Platforms supported by this release include:
- Versatile Express TC2, RTSM A9×4 and A15×1, A15 MPCore, Foundation (legacy) and FVP Base models.
- qemu-system-arm, qemu-system-aarch64.
- TI BeagleBone Black and Pandaboard
- Applied Micro Mustang
Versatile Express A5 and TC1 ports are currently broken and at risk of being dropped from future releases.
This release was explicitly tested on the Versatile Express FVP Base model, the ARM Juno board, qemu/qemu64, Applied Micro Mustang and BeagleBone Black.
New in this release
Support for the Applied Micro Mustang platform.
Juno topic branch dropped – now using upstream code version.
Fixed in this release
The following issues were fixed in this release:
- BZ: #289 Version banner displayed is not useful for bug reports
- BZ: #376 Fast model fails to reboot or shutdown through UEFI routines
- BZ: #857 Synchronous Exception loading grub.efi on Juno
Hisilicon D01 is not included in this month’s release, but will return in 2014.12.
The debug version of Applied Micro Mustang triggers an asser error.
The following open issues were unresolved in this release:
- BZ: #255 Delete key does not work in UEFI shell
- BZ: #256 Characters routinely dropped in UEFI shell
- BZ: #257 Fails to enumerate USB devices when starting shell ???
- BZ: #292 Boot logs are hard to read on Juno
- BZ: #826 SBBR compliance of our EDK2 releases
- BZ: #858 “PXE-E18: Server response timeout.” when PXE booting
For more instructions on how to build UEFI from source, please see the LEG wiki build page
The LEG UEFI wiki is a great place to start developing with Linaro’s UEFI tree.