The Linaro Toolchain Working Group (TCWG) is pleased to announce the 2014.11 stable release of the Linaro GCC 4.9 source package.
Linaro GCC 4.9 2014.11 is the eighth Linaro GCC source package release and second stable one in the 4.9 series. It is based on FSF GCC 4.9.3-pre+svn216979 and includes performance improvements and bug fixes.
With the imminent release of ARMv8 hardware and the recent release of the GCC 4.9 compiler the Linaro TCWG will be focusing on stabilization and performance of the compiler as the FSF GCC compiler. The Linaro TCWG provides stable1 quarterly releases and monthly engineering2 releases.
Interesting changes in this GCC source package release include:
- Updates to GCC 4.9.3-pre+svn216979
- Backport of [AArch64] Fix ILP32 ld.so
- Add new Linaro release macros : LINARO_RELEASE and LINARO_SPIN
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
- Linaro Toolchain Development mailing list
- Linaro Toolchain IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at
- Bug reports should be filed in bugzilla against GCC product:http://bugs.linaro.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GCC
- Questions? ask Linaro.
- Interested in commercial support? inquire at Linaro support
1 Stable source package releases are defined as releases where the full Linaro Toolchain validation plan is executed.
2 Engineering source package releases are defined as releases where the compiler is only put through unit-testing and full validation is not performed.