The LAVA team is pleased to announce the 2015.07 release of the Linaro Automated Validation Architecture (LAVA).
About the Linaro Automated Validation Architecture (LAVA) Release
These source code releases are provided for users who want to package LAVA for distributions.
Debian or Ubuntu Unicorn users can simply install LAVA directly using their package manager.
The updated packages will be available after a short delay. More information and status can be found on the Debian Package Tracking System:
Packages will automatically migrate into Debian Stretch (testing) and then
be backported to Debian Jessie backports. http://backports.debian.org/
Interesting changes include:
- Update local-user-login image with latest look.
- Drop Launchpad from Cambridge login docs
- We need django-auth-ldap and not ldap for allowing user properties.
- Allowing user properties requires ldap
- Add a TextField description for device_type
- Fix indentation in setup.py
- Add configuration for django log file rotation.
- Remove obsolete comment from uwsgi.ini
- Fix gid and uid in uwsgi.ini to 'lavaserver’ instead of 'lava’
- Port to new daemon support with systemd service
- Remove old longest jobs list and add new page with longest running jobs table.
- Fix datetime timezone awareness for compare builds URL.
- Exclude field 'group’ when on image report form.
- Add unit test to verify bug #650
- Remove commented out code in dbjobsource unit test.
- LAVA-2112 – Switch user support in lava-server using hijack
- Fix bug #1538 – TIMEZONE mangling needs a fix in the heartbeat time …
- LAVA-1948 – migrate-user script for lava ldap migration
- Add move icon in image report detail list on image chart sorting.
The lava-dispatcher refactoring has merged a series of changes into the
master branch of lava-server.
- refactoring changes
- Return an empty dict if no data
- Ensure results_app includes the south migrations
- Prevent JSON jobs being assigned to exclusive devices
- Fix results_app unit test iterations
- Clear the current device of a cancelled pipeline job
- Drop submit_results action
- Allow testjob to skip if no loopback support is found
- Use collapsing accordions from bootstrap support
- Allow some devices to be exclusive to the pipeline.
- Allow master to continue after any YAML error
- Integrate mustang UBoot support into refactoring.
- LAVA-2177 – store device type details
- LAVA-2051 – handle exceptions during parsing
- Add export support for testcases in a testsuite
- Start providing user and admin docs for pipeline.
- Implement Results display for pipeline jobs
- Making interrupt_boot_prompt visible from JSON
- 'unzip’ command not found should raise an infrastructure error.
- Adding support for zip files
- Checking that resolv.conf exists
- highbank: convert support to use bootloader class
- Bug 1645: expose Fast Models bp.secureflashloader.fname and
- Consolidate device configs back into master from lava-lab
- bug 1646: fastmodel: deploy_linaro_kernel: dtb is optional
- use logging.warning() instead of logging.warn()
- Remove redundant copyright line.
- Properly deal with “connection refused” on serial
- Couple of small fixes to lava-test-shell scripts
- Adding bl0 support to deploy_linaro_kernel
- Detect wget version and use correct args
- Ensure multinode descriptions are valid YAML
- Update dump-pipeline.py for extra arguments.
- Drop SubmitResultsAction
- Port to new daemon support and systemd
- Prevent stalls in the log files
- pipeline/utils/shell: catch TestError
- utils: treat system commands failures as infrastructure errors
- Improve result reporting
A new version of lava-tool has also been released, 0.13.
The release is also available via tags in the LAVA git repository:
More information on LAVA is available at http://wiki.linaro.org/LAVA
LAVA Unit Tests can be found here
Documentation is installed alongside each LAVA instance using the
lava-server-doc package. Click the Help link.
Online documentation is available at https://validation.linaro.org website
Fixed in this release
- Bug:#1589 – Remove old longest jobs list and add new page with longest running jobs table.
- Bug:#1647 – Fix datetime timezone awareness for compare builds URL.
- Bug:#1538 – TIMEZONE mangling needs a fix in the heartbeat time …
- Bug:#1637 – Exclude field 'group’ when on image report form.
- Bug:#1645 – expose Fast Models bp.secureflashloader.fname and bp.flashloader0.fname arguments as deploy_linaro_image parameters
- Bug:#1646 – fastmodel: deploy_linaro_kernel: dtb is optional
- Bug:#1639 – improve docs on keyring handling (lava-tool)
- Bug:#1223 – Add move icon in image report detail list on image chart sorting.
- Bug:#765 – Consolidate device configs back into master from lava-lab
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.