The Linaro Toolchain Working Group (TCWG) is pleased to announce the 2014.12 release of the Linaro GCC 4.9 source package.
Linaro GCC 4.9 2014.12 is the ninth Linaro GCC source package release. It is based on FSF GCC 4.9.3-pre+svn218412 and includes performance improvements and bug fixes.
With the imminent release of ARMv8 hardware and the recent release of the GCC 4.9 compiler the Linaro TCWG will be focusing on stabilization and performance of the compiler as the FSF GCC compiler. The Linaro TCWG provides stable1 quarterly releases and monthly engineering2 releases.
Interesting changes in this GCC source package release include:
- Updates to GCC 4.9.3-pre+svn218412
- Backport of [AArch64] arm_neon.h – add vpaddd_f64, vpaddd_s64, vpaddd_u64 intrinsics
- Backport of [AArch64] Move some code around in aarch64_expand_mov_immediate
- Backport of [AArch64] Improve codegen of vector compares inc. tst instruction
- Backport of [AArch64] Remove vector compare/tst __builtins
- Backport of [AArch64] Add execution tests of vget_low and vget_high
- Backport of [AArch64] Replace temporary inline assembler for vget_high
- Backport of [AArch64] PR 61749: Do not ICE in lane intrinsics when passed non-constant lane number
- Backport of [AArch32] Disable xordi3-opt.c/iordi3-opt.c on thumb1 target
- Backport of [AArch64] Fix scan-assembler test false alarm on aarch64-linux-gnu
- Backport of [AArch64] Add test of vld234q? intrinsic
- Backport of [AArch64] Extend test of vld1+vst1 intrinsics to cover more variants
- Backport of [AArch64] Add a test of vldN_dup intrinsics
- Backport of [AArch64] Add a test of the vldN_lane intrinsic
- Backport of [AArch64] Add a test of the vst234(q?) intrinics
- Backport of [AArch64] Add execution test of vset(q?)_lane intrinsics.
- Backport of [AArch64] Add cost handling of CALLER_SAVE_REGS and POINTER_REGS
- Backport of [AArch64] Fix cost for Q register moves
- Backport of [AArch64] Add regmove_costs for Cortex-A57 and A53
- Backport of [AArch64] Add aarch64 to list of targets that support gold
- Backport of [testsuite] whole_vector_shift
- Backport of [testsuite] vect-reduc-or
- Backport of [testsuite] Fix race in libstdc++ testsuite
- Backport of [testsuite] update testcases for GNU11
- Backport of [testsuite] fix gcc-dg-prune glitch when filtering “relocation truncation” error
- Backport of [testsuite] Update testcases for GNU11
- Backport of [testsuite] fix wrap_compile_flags
- Backport of Increase PARAM_MAX_COMPLETELY_PEELED_INSNS when branch is costly
- Backport of Add -mthunderx option
- Backport of Accept cortex-m7/fpv5-sp-16/fpv5-d16
- Backport of Remove unused variable and marco
- Backport of Target Legitimize Address
- Backport of Hookize and remove *_BY_PIECES_P
- Backport of Remove no-longer-needed fp-bit target macros.
- Backport of Fix CLZ_DEFINED_VALUE_AT_ZERO for vector modes
- Backport of ifcvt: Allow CC mode if HAVE_cbranchcc4
- Backport of Fix predicate and constraint mismatch in logical atomic operations
- Backport of Migrate to new reduc_plus_scal_optab
- Backport of Migrate to new reduc_[us](min|max)_scal_optab
- Backport of Change CORE_REGS in GENERAL_REGS
- Backport of Fix IRA ICE tmpdir-gcc-.dg-struct-layout-1/t028
- Backport of Fix IRA ICE tmpdir-gcc-.dg-struct-layout-1/t028 -addon
- Backport of PR target/63937 fix 216996
- Backport of PR rtl-optimization/63210 IRA
- Backport of PR 63173 fix vldX_dup
- Backport of PR 63442 libgcc_cmp_return_mode not always return word_mode
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
- Linaro Toolchain Development mailing list
- Linaro Toolchain IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at
- Bug reports should be filed in bugzilla against GCC product:http://bugs.linaro.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GCC
- Questions? ask Linaro.
- Interested in commercial support? inquire at Linaro support
1Stable source package releases are defined as releases where the full Linaro Toolchain validation plan is executed.
2Engineering source package releases are defined as releases where the compiler is only put through unit-testing and full validation is not performed.