The Linaro Toolchain Working Group (TCWG) is pleased to announce the 2014.10 release of the Linaro GCC 4.9 source package.
Linaro GCC 4.9 2014.10 is the seventh Linaro GCC source package release. It is based on FSF GCC 4.9.2-pre+svn216130 and includes performance improvements and bug fixes.
With the imminent release of ARMv8 hardware and the recent release of the GCC 4.9 compiler the Linaro TCWG will be focusing on stabilization and performance of the compiler as the FSF GCC compiler. The Linaro TCWG provides stable1 quarterly releases and monthly engineering2 releases.
Interesting changes in this GCC source package release include:
- Linaro bugzilla PR fixed : #373, #667, #676
- Updates to GCC 4.9.2-pre+svn216130
- Backport of [AArch64] Define TARGET_FLAGS_REGNUM
- Backport of PR target/61565
- Backport of [AArch64] libitm: Improve _ITM_beginTransaction
- Backport of [AArch64] Fix *extr_insv_lower_reg
- Backport of [AArch64] Use CC_Z and CC_NZ with csinc and similar instructions
- Backport of [AArch32] Implement and vectorize lceil, lfloor, lround optabs with new ARMv8-A instructions
- Backport of [AArch64] Improve epilogue unwind info rth
- Backport of [AArch64] Add a mode to operand 1 of sibcall_value_insn
- Backport of [AArch64] Add a builtin for rbit(q?)_p8; add intrinsics and tests
- Backport of [AArch32/AArch64] Schedule alu_ext for Cortex-A53
- Backport of [AArch64] Remove varargs from aarch64_simd_expand_args
- Backport of [AArch64] Tidy: remove unused qualifier_const_pointer
- Backport of [AArch32/AArch64] Add scheduling info for ARMv8-A FPU new instructions in Cortex-A53
- Backport of [AArch32] Convert FP mnemonics to UAL.
- Backport of [AArch32] Enable auto-vectorization for copysignf
- Backport of [AArch32][tests] Make input and output arrays 128-bit aligned in vectorisation tests
- Backport of [AARch64] Add crtfastmath for AArch64
- Backport of PR target/56846 libstdc++
- Backport of PR target/63209
- Backport of [Ree] Ensure inserted copy don’t change the number of hard registers
- Backport of [AArch64] Fix force_simd macro in vdup_lane_2
- Backport of Disallow -mfpu=neon for unsuitable architectures
- Backport of movmisalign
- Backport of [AArch64] Add constraint letter for stack_protect_test pattern
- Backport of [AArch64] Auto-generate the “BUILTIN_” macros
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
- Linaro Toolchain Development mailing list
- Linaro Toolchain IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at
- Bug reports should be filed in bugzilla against GCC product:http://bugs.linaro.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=GCC
- Questions? ask Linaro.
- Interested in commercial support? inquire at Linaro support
1Stable source package releases are defined as releases where the full Linaro Toolchain validation plan is executed.
2Engineering source package releases are defined as releases where the compiler is only put through unit-testing and full validation is not performed.