The Linaro Toolchain Working Group (TCWG) is pleased to announce the 2014.08 stable release of the Linaro GCC 4.9 source package.
Linaro GCC 4.9 2014.08 is the fifth Linaro GCC source package release and first stable one in the 4.9 series. It is based on FSF GCC 4.9.2+svn213803 and includes performance improvements and bug fixes.
With the imminent release of ARMv8 hardware and the recent release of the GCC 4.9 compiler the Linaro TCWG will be focusing on stabilization and performance of the compiler as the FSF GCC compiler. The Linaro TCWG provides stable1 quarterly releases and monthly engineering2 releases.
Interesting changes in this GCC source package release include:
- Updates to GCC 4.9.2-pre+svn213803
- Backport of [AArch64] Drop ISB after FPCR write.
- Backport of [AArch64] Remove from arm_neon.h functions not in the spec
- Backport of [AArch32] Fix check for __FAST_MATH in arm_neon.h
- Backport of [AArch64] fix and enable non-const shuffle for bigendian using TBL instruction
- Backport of [AArch64] Fix constraint vec_unpack_trunk
- Backport of [AArch32] Cortex-A5 rtx costs table
- Backport of [AArch32] Handle clz, rbit types in arm pipeline descriptions
- Backport of [AArch64] Fix argument types for some high_lane* intrinsics implemented in assembly
- Backport of [AArch64] Handle fcvta[su] and frint in RTX cost function
- Backport of [AArch64] Prologue rewrite + performance.
Feedback and Support
Subscribe to the important Linaro mailing lists and join our IRC channels to stay on top of Linaro development.
- Linaro Toolchain Development mailing list
- Linaro Toolchain IRC channel on irc.freenode.net at
- Bug reports should be filed in Launchpad against Linaro GCC project.
- Questions? ask Linaro.
- Support for Linaro releases is available at Linaro Developer Technical Support.
1Stable source package releases are defined as releases where the full Linaro Toolchain validation plan is executed.
2Engineering source package releases are defined as releases where the compiler is only put through unit-testing and full validation is not performed.