= Get artifacts =
$ wget http://releases.linaro.org/12.08/android/images/galaxynexus-jb-gcc47-aosp-blob/boot.img
$ wget http://releases.linaro.org/12.08/android/images/galaxynexus-jb-gcc47-aosp-blob/system.img
$ wget http://releases.linaro.org/12.08/android/images/galaxynexus-jb-gcc47-aosp-blob/userdata.img
= Get merge-gnexus-blobs script =
$ wget http://releases.linaro.org/12.08/android/images/galaxynexus-jb-gcc47-aosp-blob/merge-gnexus-blobs.sh
$ chmod a+x merge-gnexus-blobs
Make sure your computer is connected to the Internet, since
the script downloads non-free binaries and tools to extract images.
Run merge-gnexus-blobs script, giving the directory containing the .img files
as its sole argument.
The script will do the remaining bits for you, including flashing the phone.
WARNING: There is no guarantee whatsoever that the build will work.
If it breaks your phone, you get to keep both pieces.
= Install Google Apps =
If you wish to use the phone as a real phone rather than a pure development
device, chances are that you want to install the Google Apps on it:
* Install the Linaro Android build as described above
* Grab the current Google Apps zip for JellyBean from http://goo.im/gapps
At the time of the writing, the current version is:
* If you downloaded from a device other than your Galaxy Nexus, transfer
the file to your Galaxy Nexus using:
mtp-sendfile gapps-jb*.zip 8
* Turn your Galaxy Nexus off completely (remove the battery if in doubt)
* Hold down the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons at the same time, and turn
on the phone
* Use the Volume Up button to select "Recovery mode", then press the power
button to launch it. Wait for recovery to come up.
* Select "install zip from sdcard"
* Select "choose zip from sdcard"
* Choose the gapps-jb zip file you downloaded earlier (it should be in the
* Select "Yes - Install gapps-jb-*-signed.zip"
* Select "+++++Go Back+++++"
* Select "reboot system now"
* Enjoy your Google Apps enabled Linaro Android build!