The Linaro LITE Aeolus Binary Release
The Linaro LITE Aeolus 2016.12 Release is now available. This is the first LITE release.
Linaro Aeolus is a collection of reference applications for Zephyr RTOS. At this time, it includes:
- JerryScript, an ECMAScript implementation for embedded systems.
- Zephyr.js, JerryScript bindings for Zephyr RTOS.
- MicroPython, Python3 implementation for embedded systems, with basic Zephyr RTOS support.
Download release sources from:
Download release binaries from:
Previous snapshots and release-candidates are at:
This release supports following embedded boards:
- ARM Beetle
- NXP FRDM-K64F
- ST Nucleo L476RG
- TI CC3200 LaunchXL
- 96Boards Carbon
Please visit Zephyr RTOS boards list for additional information about these boards and instructions on programming (“flashing”) them.
The patches include changes not yet fully merged upstream.
- JerryScript master e9ab1f14
- Zephyr.js 0.2-devel-123-gbf86875 + Zephyr RTOS & JerryScript upgrades
- MicroPytion v1.8.6-181-g9112b0b
- Initial LITE group release.
- Includes Zephyr.js, which augments JerryScript with modules to access hardware and Zephyr RTOS services. The upstream project officially support only Arduino 101 and FRDM-K64F boards at this time. This release includes patches (now merged upstream) to allow build the project for any board supported by Zephyr RTOS and access GPIO on it. Any other functionality is not validated for other boards and likely doesn’t work in this release. Note that default working mode of Zephyr.js is to create firmware binary with a particular script embedded. The current release provides images with project’s default “hello world” application. To try other applications, you will need to build Zephyr.js from source.
- Includes MicroPython, with interactive prompt over UART and support for accessing board’s GPIO.
- In this release, CC3200 UART shows issues when running from sFlash (missed interrupts and garbled output characters). The same issues do not occur when loading the ELF files via gdb/OpenOCD. The patches to Zephyr for the CC3200 GPIO driver are not included in this release, preventing the GPIO LED example from working. To fix these issues, the following patches from the following repository need to be applied to the zephyr tree of the release, before rebuilding:
- cc3200: Add a GPIO driver for the TI CC3200 LaunchXL
- cc3200: Add pinmux initialization for GPIO Ports
- cc3200: Add generic definitions for LEDs and switches
- cc3200: Ensure UART can wake up Zephyr after wfi in idle
Contact Linaro LITE
File bugs at http://bugs.linaro.org . (Note: Linaro largely works in upstream, and bugs for upstream projects should be filed in their respective bug trackers.)
For Linaro member support see http://support.linaro.org
If you are interested in Linaro LITE activity, email email@example.com .